This past Friday, I took over as the lead sound engineer at church. Today, I woke up from my first sound engineering-related nightmare.
In the
dream nightmare, I had to record speeches of two different political candidates who were speaking in separate classrooms at a local high school. Naturally, the classrooms were on opposite sides of the building. And for some reason, I had to plug in my little
Sony ICD-SX712 digital recorder into a huge, tangled pile of XLR microphone cables in order to capture the sound.
At the end of the nightmare, I was sprinting back-and-forth between the two classrooms, but while I was in one classroom, somebody stole my digital recorder in the other classroom.
Moments later, I woke up - and I was relieved to see that my actual unit was still here at home. I hope I don't have anymore nightmares like
that. And I'm grateful to have put money into this little beauty, instead of MiniDisc.
No comments:
Post a Comment